Leaky Ducts Steal Energy Dollars And Comfort
Leaky ducts are one of the most common causes of energy loss in the home. Whether the ducts were improperly installed, or they have sustained damaged since they were installed, many homes have leaky ducts, a problem that can reduce heating and cooling system efficiency by as much as 20%.
How Do I Know If My Ducts Need Repaired or Sealed?
The following can be signs that your ducts need repair and sealing:
- Rooms are too warm or too cold
- High summer and winter utility bills
- Little or no air flow from registers in some rooms
- Air filter gets dirty quickly – needs to be changed more than once a month – indicating leaks in return ducts.
- Streaks of dust at registers or duct connections
- No insulation on visible ducts (those in an attic or crawl space)
- Flexible ducts are tangled or kinked
Who Can Fix My Ducts?
There are some repairs you may be able to do yourself or you can hire us, as we specialize in duct repair. We use special diagnostic equipment to check duct pressures, air flow and leakage to assess the efficiency of your duct system and prescribe improvements.
Once all of your ducts have been properly sealed, you will spend less money on heating and cooling and you will enjoy other benefits as well, including:
Improved comfort—more complete distribution of heated or cooled air throughout your home
Better indoor air quality—sealed ducts prevent dust, allergens and fumes from entering your ducts and spreading through your house
Enhanced safety—eliminates the risk of back drafting of combustion gases from clothes dryers, water heaters and furnaces.
A smaller carbon footprint—conserving energy lowers power demand, which reduces carbon emissions and sealed properly, you’ll benefit in improved comfort and improved indoor air quality.